Come work with us
Who we are
The grand mission of iDoneThis is to make people happier and better at work. We aim to enable transparency within organizations and offer the benefits of motivation and insight that lightweight journaling and tracking can bring.
Above all, our customers' success is our success.
We believe in the Slow Web. Namely, a product shouldn't seek to maximize the attention it gets from its users but focus on delivering useful information at the right time.
We take pride in our craft and are always thinking about self-improvement and service.
How we work
We are a small distributed team. We have an office in New York, but we operate just like we did when everyone worked remotely. That means lots of written, asynchronous communication using tools like Github, Hipchat, Asana, and iDoneThis. We strive to over-communicate and to be transparent.
On any given day, you can expect to interact with the rest of the team but mostly have large blocks of uninterrupted time to work. We keep meetings to a minimum.
That we're a small team means that every project comes with autonomy. Decisions are made by those implementing them. You can expect to have a lot of control over what tools to use, what problems to work on, and how to go about solving them.
Who we're looking for
The next couple of people to join iDoneThis will have significant impact on the vision and direction of the company. We'll think of you as a late-stage founder rather than as an early employee. As such, you should be particularly interested in the product space and have a strong entrepreneurial drive.
We're always interested in talking to remarkable people. Just email us to apply for a position that is not listed below.
Customer Success Manager
Our customers are small businesses, tech startups, and established companies. Your role will be to help our customers succeed in whatever way we can, which includes using iDoneThis to help them work better.
What you'll be doing:
- Talking to customers and building relationships with them to understand and help solve their problems.
- Designing and implementing improvements to lifecycle emails, email support, support resources, customer surveys, and all other support & success processes.
- Handling customer support—we receive 20-50 requests per day across email, phone and social media.
- Serving as the customer advocate internally.
You'll interact with dozens of customers each day, mostly over email, but also over the phone, over social media and in person. You'll have the opportunity to make a huge impact by helping people manage their teams better, grow their companies and make work more fulfilling.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with [success] in the subject. In your email, please include the following:
- A short statement on your personal philosophy around customer success (about 200 words)
- A short statement on your personal philosophy around customer support (also about 200 words)
- A 1 - 3 minute video telling us about a time where you greatly improved a bad situation and about a time you experienced exceptionally good customer service
- Your resume
- Links to your blog, personal website, and social media profiles
We use coffeescript, backbone, and sass.
- A degree in CS, EE, math, physics, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Strong sense of graphic design
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with backend technologies
Get in touch
Send us your resume along with links to your relevant online profiles (github, linkedin, etc) at email@example.com. Include the position you're applying for in the subject line.